All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor his new collection of photographs, Lyudmila and Natasha, award-winning photographer Misha Friedman trains his lens on a gay couple living on Saint Petersburg, offering a series of intimate snapshots of their relationship as it unfolds over the course of a year. Faced with a hostile political climate, financial difficulties and often unstable living arrangements, the subjects of this stunning book reveal the possibilities for love in the most uncertain of times. This book powerfully evokes both a vital place and the people who call it home.
- Author BiographyMisha Friedman is an award-winning documentary photographer who has worked for various NGOs, including Medecins Sans Frontieres, in Uganda, Nigeria, India, and Darfur. His recent projects deal with the tuberculosis epidemic in the former Soviet Union and corruption in Russia. His photographs have appeared in the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the New Yorker, among other publications. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Misha Friedman
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content Note1
- Weight657 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byJeff Sharlet
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.