All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionM. That's what I'd like you to call me please. I'll tell you why later. Welcome to M's world. It's tipsy-turvy, sweet and sour, and the beast of anxiety lurks outside classrooms ready to pounce. M just wants to be like other teenagers her age who always kw what to say and what to do. So why does it feel like she lives on a different plane of existence to everyone else? Written by the students of Limpsfield Grange, a school for girls with Autism Spectrum Disorder with communication and interaction difficulties, M is for Autism draws on real life experiences to create a heartfelt and humorous vel that captures the highs and lows of being different in a world of rmal.
- Author BiographyThe students of Limpsfield Grange, a residential school for girls with communication and interaction difficulties including Autism Spectrum Disorder, wrote and illustrated this book during three months of drama and creative writing workshops. The true life experiences of the girls were developed into M's story by Vicky Martin, the creative writing tutor who ran the workshops. She has previously worked on creative writing projects for the Royal Opera House's Education Department, and many theatres, arts centres and charities in the UK.
- Author(s)The Students of Limpsfield Grange School,Vicky Martin
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note12 colour
- Weight181 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byRobert Pritchett
- Interest AgeFrom 10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.