All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive mograph of the visionary design team, celebrating their twentieth anniversary. Michael Amzalag and Mathias Augustyniak are among the most distinctive and influential voices in contemporary graphic design. Through close associations with the music, fashion, and art worlds, M/M have developed one of the most original and striking visual languages in the world. Originally working for independent music labels, M/M caught the attention of the fashion world, working for Calvin Klein, Jil Sander, Kenzo, Givenchy, Yohji Yamamoto, and Nicolas Ghesquiere at Balenciaga, eventually landing them the art directorship of Interview and French Vogue, as well as rich long-term collaborations with independent producers and music artists, tably Madonna and Bjork. Although print and an illustrative approach to typography lie at the heart of M/M's work, they have also produced unexpected three-dimensional designs for the stage, restaurants, and the perfume industry. Featuring interviews with key collaborators and design by the cutting-edge Graphic Design Facility, this ambitious mograph is a rare insight into the world's most intriguing--and icoclastic--image-makers. About the book's organization: The alphabet is a recurring theme in the work of M/M (Paris), which provided an appropriate motif to create a dictionary of the projects that appear in these pages. Like the cutting and restacking of a pack of cards, the book has been rearranged so that it opens with the letter M for Michael and closes with the letter M for Mathias. Accordingly, it opens on page 311 and concludes on page 310.
- Author BiographyEmily King is a graphic design historian and curator. Bjork is a multiple award-winning singer-songwriter who is ranked among MTV's 22 Greatest Voices of All Time and VH1's 100 Greatest Women in Rock and Roll. Inez van Lamsweerde is a groundbreaking photographer whose work has appeared in Vogue, W, Visionaire, Vanity Fair, Harper's Bazaar, Interview, and Purple.
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2168 g
- Width268 mm
- Height359 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Foreword byHans Ulrich-Obrist
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.