Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the moment that the M4 Sherman had been matched against German Panther and Tiger tanks, the American tank crews had kwn that their vehicles were outclassed by the opposition. What was needed was a more powerful tank, more heavily armed and armored, that could take-on the powerful German panzers on a more equal footing. Although it took time to develop by the latter months of the war numbers of M26 Pershing tanks were reaching the frontline US armored units. Well armored and with a powerful 90mm gun the Pershing was a match for any tank in the German order of battle.
- Author BiographySteven J. Zaloga was born in 1952, received his BA in history from Union College, and his MA from Columbia University. He has published numerous books and articles dealing with modern military technology, especially armoured vehicle development. His main area of interest is military affairs in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe in the Second World War, and he has also written extensively on American armoured forces.
- Author(s)Steven Zaloga
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/11/2000
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.35
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40 b&w and 14 colour illustrations, index
- Weight193 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Bryan,Jim Laurier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.