All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaster the MATLAB technical programming language with MATLAB PROGRAMMING FOR ENGINEERS, 5E! Emphasizing problem-solving skills throughout, this latest edition of Chapman's successful book shows you how to write clean, efficient, and well-documented programs, while simultaneously introducing you to many of the practical functions of MATLAB.
- Author BiographyStephen J. Chapman received a BS in Electrical Engineering from Louisiana State University (1975), an MSE in Electrical Engineering from the University of Central Florida (1979), and pursued further graduate studies at Rice University. From 1975 to 1980, he served as an officer in the U. S. Navy, assigned to teach Electrical Engineering at the U. S. Naval Nuclear Power School in Orlando, Florida. From 1980 to 1982, he was affiliated with the University of Houston, where he ran the power systems program in the College of Technology. From 1982 to 1988 and from 1991 to 1995, he served as a Member of the Technical Staff of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Lincoln Laboratory, both at the main facility in Lexington, Massachusetts, and at the field site on Kwajalein Atoll in the Republic of the Marshall Islands. While there, he did research in radar signal processing systems. He ultimately became the leader of four large operational range instrumentation radars at the Kwajalein field site (TRADEX, ALTAIR, ALCOR, and MMW). From 1988 to 1991, Chapman served as a research engineer at Shell Development Company in Houston, Texas, where he did seismic signal processing research. He was also affiliated with the University of Houston, where he continued to teach on a part-time basis. Mr. Chapman is currently Manager of Systems Modeling and Operational Analysis for BAE Systems Australia, in Melbourne, Australia. He is the technical leader of a team that has developed a model of how naval ships defend themselves. This model contains more than 400,000 lines of MATLAB code written over more than a decade. Mr. Chapman is a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (and several of its component societies). He is also a member of the Institution of Engineers (Australia).
- Author(s)Stephen Chapman
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNelson Engineering
- Weight1000 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement5th International edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.