All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne person, if it's the right person, can change everything. Jez, a troubled young boy, finds both school and home life pretty challenging. His mum is struggling to cope, his unpleasant stepdad is often drunk, and it is always left to Jez to take care of his two younger brothers. Life is tough. Little does he kw that when Mr Brown, a supply teacher assigned to his chaotic class strolls in, his difficult life is about to change forever. What exactly is in the battered old suitcase that this enigmatic teacher has brought with him? Will Jez ever get to find out? Join Jez on the emotional journey he is about to embark on, right from his first encounter with the inspirational Mr Brown.
- Author BiographyHi, I'm Kate Hughes and this is a little bit of information about me! I was born in Worcester, but as my dad was a soldier, I spent the first few years of my life travelling to various places such as Germany and Malta. Finally my family settled down in Derbyshire, and apart from a few years away at college, this is where I have stayed! As well as being a primary school teacher for over 20 years, I am a mum of three girls which keeps me pretty busy. My poor husband is completely outnumbered by females in our house, so it was good news when we found out that our cat wasn't a 'Maisy', but in actual fact was a 'Toby'! My writing started years ago when I first started teaching; I used to produce scripts for the drama club to perform. However, it is only recently that I have decided to take it seriously. I recently had a couple of stories printed in my local paper which was fabulous! Up until then I had never seen my words published! When I'm not tapping away on my netbook, I quite like to ignore the housework and do something more interesting! I enjoy cycling whilst listening to various 80's and 90's tunes and I love baking cakes. My cherry scones are a particular favourite in our house. 'Mr Brown's Suitcase' was my debut novel. When I started writing it I intended it as an older children's book, but I have been pleasantly surprised that adults enjoy it too! I have just finished the 'Toby and Red' books which are based on my snooty black cat and his ginger friend next door. I hope both children and cat lovers will enjoy them!
- Author(s)Kate Hughes
- Date of Publication12/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.02
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.52
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $14.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.