Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, there has been huge interest in developing new methods that offer improved accuracy for the detection of small bowel pathology, and in particular for the assessment of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). Cross-sectional imaging, such as CT and MR, has advantages over traditional barium fluoroscopic techniques in terms of direct visualization of the bowel wall and improved visualization of extraluminal findings and complications. This means a complete change in the diagstic approach to the patient with IBD: from analysis of the bowel surface to direct evaluation of parietal alterations and assessment of peri and extraintestinal involvement. The ideal imaging test is reproducible, well tolerated by patients and, above all, free of ionizing radiation. MR enterography, currently performed only in a few reference centers, meets these criteria and offers accurate diagsis, particularly in respect of the wide spectrum of intra and extraintestinal complications of IBD. This book provides a thorough overview of the indications, techniques, diagstic advantages and limitations of MR enterography. Particular attention is paid to patient preparation in relation to the particular study type and to the potential advantages of the most up-to-date MR studies in specific cases, e.g., allergy or renal failure. A separate chapter is devoted to MR of perianal region for the detection and staging of perianal fistula, a common complication in patients with Crohn's disease. Numerous high-quality illustrations are included and help to ensure that the book will be a valuable source of information for every radiologist involved in abdominal MR imaging.
- Author BiographyProfessor Silvio Mazziotti is Assistant Professor in Radiology at the University of Messina, Italy. He is the author or co-author of more than 130 publications in the field of diagnostic imaging, including monographs, book chapters and over 70 journal articles. Professor Mazziotti is co-author of two previous books published by Springer: I. Pandolfo and S. Mazziotti (2013) Orthopantomography and E. Neri and S. Mazziotti (2012) Il Dentascan. He acts as a reviewer for a number of leading journals. Professor Alfredo Blandino is Chief of MRI in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Polyclinic of the University of Messina. He is author or co-author of more than 200 publications in the field of diagnostic imaging, including books, monographs and book chapters. He has already published with Springer and has served on the editorial boards of various journals, including La radiologia medica and European Radiology.
- Author(s)Alfredo Blandino,Silvio Mazziotti
- PublisherSpringer Verlag
- Date of Publication08/07/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintSpringer Verlag
- Content Note82 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, 2 colour tables, biography
- Weight210 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.