All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe folklore stories in the Mr. Hare series originate from East Africa, the land that gave the world Simba the Lion. They revolve around the cunning Mr. Hare who though small in stature, employs his wisdom and tricks to outmaneuver bigger opponents and always takes the prize home. The stories are packed with humor and an exercise at the end of each story to help encourage and stimulate reading habits both at school and at home. Each of the volumes in the series contains two stories adapted from the folklore stories of the people from the Rukiga- Ankole kingdom, which happens to be the home of the great endangered African mountain gorillas.The stories were originally written in the Ruyankole language of the Ankole people by the late Kesi Nganwa who was the Prime minister of this kingdom in the 1950's and has w been translated into English by the late Mr. Richard Nganwa. The books have won several awards, the most prestigious being at the Zimbabwe Book Fair. The book contains drawings by traditional artists.
- Author BiographyRichard Nganwa comes from Ankole in western Uganda (East Africa). He studied at Mbarara High School and Ntare School, before proceeding to the United Kingdom where he studied Librarianship at the North- Western Polytechnic, London. He was particularly interested in juvenile literature. He specialized in Academic and Special libraries and compiled a ''Bibliography of Education in Uganda before 1962''. He was a Chartered Librarian and an Associate Member of the British Library Association, A.L.A. While in Britain, he worked in various types of libraries. On his return, he joined Makerere University and Kyambogo University. He has traveled extensively in Europe, Canada and Africa, participating in professional seminars and conferences. He has also attended many courses organized by the British Council both in Uganda and Britain. The Hare series have won a number of awards in Africa, with the most prestigious being the Zimbabwe Book Fair Awards in 1997.
- Author(s)Richard Nganwa
- Date of Publication07/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.73
- AU $15.43Trending at AU $15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.