Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionDouglas MacArthur was Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in the Southwest Pacific area during World War II. Best remembered for the adaptability that fostered his greatest accomplishments, he led the defence of Australia, and the recapture of New Guinea, the Philippines and Borneo. MacArthur also oversaw the occupation of Japan from 1945 to 1951, the most successful occupation in history, and is credited for making far-ranging democratic changes in that country. Today, MacArthur remains one of the most controversial figures in American history. While greatly admired by many for his strategic and tactical brilliance, MacArthur was also criticized by many for his actions in command, and especially his challenge to President Truman in 1951.
- Author BiographyRICHARD B. FRANK is the author of Guadalcanal and Downfall and winner of the General William Greene Award and the Harry S. Truman Book Award. He was an aerorifle platoon leader in the 101st Airbourne Division in the Vietnam War.
- Author(s)Richard B. Frank
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2007
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleGreat Generals
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Note0
- Weight348 g
- Width146 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byWesley K. Clark
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.