Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionGeneral Douglas MacArthur was highly skilled and world famous as a military commander. Under his leadership after World War II, Japan was rebuilt into a democratic ally. But during the Korean War, in defiance of President Harry S. Truman and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, he pushed for an aggressive confrontation with Communist China a position intended to provoke a wider war, regardless of the consequences. While MacArthur aspired to stamp out Communism across the globe, Truman was much more concerned with containing the Soviet Union. The infamous clash between them was t only an epic turning point in history, but the ultimate struggle between civil and military power in the United States. While other U.S. generals have challenged presidential authority, other military leader has ever so brazenly attempted to dictate national policy. In MacArthur s War, Bevin Alexander details MacArthur s battles, from the alliances he made with Republican leaders to the threatening ultimatum he delivered to China against orders the action that led directly to his downfall. INCLUDES PHOTOGRAPHS
- Author BiographyBevin Alexander has published numerous works of military history, including the international bestseller How Hitler Could Have Won World War II. With honor degrees from The Citadel and Northwestern University, Alexander was awarded the Commendation Medal for his service as a combat historian in the Korean War, where he also won three battle stars for action at the front. He has appeared often on the History, Discovery, and Military channels. He has provided testimony before the House Committee on International Relations, advised the Rand Corporation on military strategy, and taken part in a war game at the Army War College.
- Author(s)Bevin Alexander
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, maps, figures
- Weight295 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.