All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
About this product
- DescriptionOpening with a description of the first English voyage to China in 1637, this book traces the ensuing course of Anglo-Chinese relations during which Macao skillfully escaped domination by either the British of the Chinese up to the First Opium War and the founding of Hong Kong.
- Author BiographyAustin Coates (1922-97), a former senior British civil servant in Hong Kong, Malaya, and Sarawak, left government service at age forty to pursue a professional writing career. Coates is widely regarded as the most distinguished English-language author in Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Austin Coates
- PublisherHong Kong University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleEchoes: Classics of Hong Kong Culture and History
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintHong Kong University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.