All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMacclesfield is an ancient Cheshire town that stands beneath the sprawling and beautiful Peak District. It is Cheshire's furthest outpost before taking the road into Derbyshire and many years ago entered the Industrial Revolution in a more genteel manner perhaps, by becoming a silk town. Here all manner of silk items were manufactured such as the narrowest ribbons and the best of silks and satins.It is the perfect place to explore Macclesfield Forest and the Cheshire Peak District but the town itself has plenty to offer including the Heritage Centre with its museums and tea room. Paul Hurley has carefully selected modern and old views to paint a stalgic historical portrait, so enjoy this pictorial tour of the town and see what is here w and compare it to what was here many years ago.
- Author BiographyPaul Hurley has been a freelance writer since 2002 and has been writing professionally ever since. He has had magazine, local and national newspaper credits and has written several books for Amberley on the local history of Cheshire. Since retiring from the police in 2002 he has amassed a CV that takes in a three part article in the Steam World magazine, one in the Backtrack magazine and many other magazine articles not relating to the railway scene. He lives in Winsford with his wife and his hobbies are writing, travel, motorcycling and classic cars.
- Author(s)Paul Hurley
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note184, 106 colour illustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.