All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the way in which Machiavelli led French poets and dramatists of the sixteenth century towards a new awareness of the complexity of political behaviour. It tells the story of the fascinating conflict which developed in French writers' minds between their fear of abandoning traditional values and their suspicion that Machiavelli had painted an accurate picture of modern political behaviour. The efforts of these poets and playwrights to come to terms with Machiavelli make their writings an important, though hitherto neglected, milestone along the road from the Christian to the secular view of politics.
- Author(s)Heather Ingman
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1988
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 3: Comparative Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1988
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight430 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.