All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive reference was written with a single goal-to assist design professionals in their job quickly and efficiently. Designed with the working mechanical designer in mind, users will save time in selection, sizing, and tolerancing of mechanical parts and assemblies. And it is packed with essential charts and tables such as fastener data, locating feature data, material selection guides, and component selection charts. Most books containing similar data are targeted at shop personnel or students. Focusing on the most common needs of the design professional, it pares down the information to just what they most frequently need while providing the quickest possible access to necessary data. Because the job of the design professional has changed significantly this handbook aims to complement the software and assist in its efficient use. Features * Presents design data in groups corresponding to these design activities to minimize time spent flipping pages. * Speeds up the selection process through contained formulas and guides that are designed to assist the working engineer while selecting machine components from catalogs rather than designing these common components from scratch. * The full-size format is ideal for reading charts easily, and an included sheet of page tab stickers allows the user to mark pages they find particularly useful. * Intended to be a quick guidebook but contains frequent references to specific entries in Machinery's Handbook for in-depth treatment of most subjects.
- Author BiographyJennifer Marrs, P.E., is a mechanical design engineer. For two decades, her focus has been the design and analysis of high-speed assembly machines and related systems. She has also worked as a product designer, manufacturing engineer and forensic engineer. She is pictured here with the off-road vehicle she built by hand, a genuine labor of mechanical love.When Jennifer initially approached Industrial Press with her extraordinary idea forMachine Designers Reference, she said I have an idea for a companion to Machinery's Handbook.... aToolboxthat contains items I've... squirreled away over my years of machine design. These are items that the working machine designer uses just about every day. Jennifer holds a BSME from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, an MSME from Northeastern University, and volunteers with the mechanical engineering programs at both WPI and Dartmouth College. She enjoys her successful consulting practice and is a licensed Professional Engineer throughout New England (clickhereto visit her website). She is also a registered U.S. patent agent. Her employers and clients include Gillette, Millipore, FujiFilm Dimatix, and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. Mrs. Marrs is currently on the Executive Committee of her local ASME subsection and holds an international patent.
- Author(s)J. Marrs
- PublisherIndustrial Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndustrial Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1542 g
- Width203 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine41 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.