All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToddlers love machines and things that go, and this book gives them everything they want, from a bucket truck to a tower crane to an airplane. Every other spread has an interactive gatefold which extends the original picture to three pages, revealing something new about each situation.The last spread diagrams each city machine, providing additional information for young readers to pore over again and again.William Low's classically-trained artist's eye adds a new layer to this genre, and both parents and children will appreciate the beautiful illustrations, the attention to detail, and the clever situational twists revealed by lifting the flaps.
- Author BiographyWilliam Low has had a lifelong fascination with machines. He is the author and illustrator of Machines Go to Work, Chinatown, and Old Penn Station (a New York Times Best Illustrated Book). Mr. Low is a four-time silver medal winner at the Society of Illustrators. He teaches at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York.
- Author(s)William Low
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width212 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)William Low
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.