Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionMachining is one of the most important manufacturing processes. Parts manufactured by other processes often require further operations before the product is ready for application. Machining: Fundamentals and Recent Advances is divided into two parts. Part I explains the fundamentals of machining, with special emphasis on three important aspects: mechanics of machining, tools, and work-piece integrity. Part II is dedicated to recent advances in machining, including: machining of hard materials, machining of metal matrix composites, drilling polymeric matrix composites, ecological machining (minimal quantity of lubrication), high-speed machining (sculptured surfaces), grinding techlogy and new grinding wheels, micro- and na-machining, n-traditional machining processes, and intelligent machining (computational methods and optimization). Advanced students, researchers and professionals interested or involved in modern manufacturing engineering will find the book a useful reference.
- Author BiographyJ. Paulo Davim received his PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Porto in 1997 and the Aggregation from the University of Coimbra in 2005. Between 1986 and 1996, he was a lecturer at the University of Porto. Currently, he is an Aggregate Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Aveiro and the Head of MACTRIB - Machining and Tribology Research Group. He has more 24 years of teaching and research experience in manufacturing, materials and mechanical engineering. He is the Editor in Chief of four international journals, Guest Editor, Editorial Board Member, Reviewer, and Scientific Advisor for many international journals and conferences. In addition, he has also published more than 250 articles in ISI journals (150 with h-index 14) and conferences.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2010
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note34 black & white tables, biography
- Weight527 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJ. Paulo Davim
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.