All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHard machining is a relatively recent techlogy that can be defined as a machining operation, using tools with geometrically defined cutting edges, of a work piece that has hardness values typically in the 45-70HRc range. This operation always presents the challenge of selecting a cutting tool insert that facilitates high-precision machining of the component, but it presents several advantages when compared with the traditional methodology based in finish grinding operations after heat treatment of work pieces. Machining of Hard Materials aims to provide the reader with the fundamentals and recent advances in the field of hard machining of materials. All the chapters are written by international experts in this important field of research. They cover topics such as: * advanced cutting tools for the machining of hard materials; * the mechanics of cutting and chip formation; * surface integrity; * modelling and simulation; and * computational methods and optimization. Machining of Hard Materials can serve as a useful reference for academics, manufacturing and materials researchers, manufacturing and mechanical engineers, and professionals in machining and related industries. It can also be used as a text for advanced undergraduate or postgraduate students studying mechanical engineering, manufacturing, or materials.
- Author BiographyJ. Paulo Davim received his PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Porto in 1997 and the Aggregation from the University of Coimbra in 2005. Between 1986 and 1996, he was a lecturer at the University of Porto. Currently, he is an Aggregate Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Aveiro and the Head of MACTRIB - Machining and Tribology Research Group. He has more 24 years of teaching and research experience in manufacturing, materials and mechanical engineering. He is the Editor in Chief of five international journals, Guest Editor, Editorial Board Member, Reviewer, and Scientific Advisor for many international journals and conferences. In addition, he has also published, as author and co-author, more than 20 book chapters, and 250 articles in ISI journals (150 with h-index 14) and conferences.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication06/01/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note19 black & white tables, biography
- Weight543 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJ. Paulo Davim
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.