All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThis edition of the Macquarie Little Dictionary is based on the acclaimed Fifth Edition of the full Macquarie Dictionary. With over 30,000 definitions, it offers a completely up-to-date coverage of the core vocabulary of Australian English in a very handy format. Many new words and meanings have been added, reflecting the ever-changing nature of our language. A few examples are: chia, cloud computing, precycle and pocket-dial. The Macquarie Little Dictionary offers valuable usage tes on words which can cause problems for writers of Australian English. For example, there is a te pointing out the common confusion between allusion (a reference to something) and illusion (something that is t real). Notes also suggest more common words for rather formal words, and give information to clarify other usage dilemmas. For clarity and ease of access, these usage tes are highlighted with shading. Appendixes listing prefixes and suffixes are a handy addition to an essential portable language resource, the Macquarie Little Dictionary Fifth Edition.
- Author BiographyThe Macquarie Dictionary was first published in print in 1981 and has been online since 2003. It contains the complete record of English as it is used in Australia, and is nationally and internationally regarded as the standard reference on Australian English. The Macquarie Dictionary -- Australia's national dictionary. www.macquariedictionary.com.au
- PublisherMacQuarie Library Pty.Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Place of PublicationMacquarie, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMacQuarie Library Pty.Ltd
- Weight248 g
- Width94 mm
- Height124 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.