All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrowth perspectives in emerging market ecomies are increasingly dependent on international capital flows in recent decades because of their influences on business cycles. In fact, volatile international capital flows has been one of the main concerns for the macroecomic policy authorities. Focusing on emerging ecomies in the Pacific region, this book reveals how they are different from those in other regions in terms of international macro-financial linkages to the global capital market and domestic financial development,. The book also discusses how these characteristics have interacted with their macroecomic policy regimes and their macroecomic performance throughout the two major international financial crises in the past more than two decades. It suggests facts that have strengthened the resilience of these emerging ecomies in the Pacific region against the global financial crisis along with the intensified intra-regional ecomic integration through trade and investment. The book also examines their macroecomic management focusing on monetary policy regimes and suggests that their factual urthodox policies with exchange rate management and capital controls have contributed to their resilience against the intrinsic volatility of the international capital market and financial flows.
- Author BiographyAkira Kohsaka has been affiliated with School of International Studies, Kwansei Gakuin University, Nishinomiya, Japan, since 2011. He received his PhD in Economics at Stanford University in 1984. He had worked for Institute of Developing Economies, Tokyo (1975-88), Kyoto University (1988-94) and Osaka University (1994-2011). His major research fields include international economics and development economics. he had also taken on other roles such as President of East Asian Economic Association (2012-), the editor of Asian Economic Journal (2001-2006), and international steering committee member of Pacific Forum for Trade and Development (PAFTAD) (1998-).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note119 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 119 black & white line drawings
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAkira Kohsaka
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.