All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClose-up and macro photography is one of the most popular types of photography among digital photographers today. After the big-range zoom, a macro lens is typically one of the next purchases considered by serious outdoor photographers and amateur photographers looking for close-up capability in all zoom lenses. Yet hobbyist photographers struggle. Many macro shots just don't make it-t sharp, confusing backgrounds, muddled compositions, misplaced sharpness, and distracting light. Even more advanced photographers find challenges working with depth of field, dealing with light, and using different focal lengths up close. You need a book that goes beyond the camera manuals to teach you how to select and use various lenses to take great macro shots. This guide by pro photographer Rob Sheppard will help you conquer the fundamentals and capture stunning pictures. Sheppard starts with the basics. He discusses factors such as depth of field, perspective, and compression and which types of lenses are right for your style of shooting. You will have a better understanding of your equipment and understand your choices for investing in lenses. Beautifully illustrated with large, compelling photos, this book teaches you how to take control of your photography to get the image you want every time you pick up the camera.
- Author BiographyRob Sheppard is a naturalist, nature photographer, and videographer. He lives in Southern California and has created over 40 books related to photography, including Landscape Photography: From Snapshot to Great Shot, The Magic of Digital Landscape Photography, The Magic of Digital Nature Photography, and the National Geographic Field Guide to Digital Photography. He is a speaker and workshop leader, and a Fellow with the North American Nature Photography Association. He was the long-time editor of the prestigious Outdoor Photographer magazine and presently is a contributing editor. Visit his website at robsheppardphoto.com and read his blog at natureandphotography.com.
- Author(s)Rob Sheppard
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight484 g
- Width191 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.