All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe translation of the Bible in African languages is mostly done from the cultural language to the target language. By doing so, we try to transfer all the cultural values of the source language into the target one. We do t consider other elements such as the culture of the target language, the history, the religion, the political system, as well as the ethic of the target language.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Joseph Mbongue, born in 1964 in Ndikinimeki (Cameroon); B.A. in German Language, University Yaounde (1992); Certificat Cours d introduction a la Linguistique, Lamorlaye (France, 1993); Masters in General and Applied Linguistics, University Yaounde (1997); Master in Evangelical Theology, University Halle-Wittenberg (2004); Ph.D. in Linguistics, University Halle-Wittenberg (2005).
- Author(s)Joseph Mbongue
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies/Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 21: Linguistik/Series 21: Linguistics/Serie 21: Linguistique
- Series Part/Volume Number287
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig. and tables
- Weight340 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.