About this product
- DescriptionThis book on macrodynamic theories of growth, (in-)stability and cycles shows that the debate between Keynesians, Monetarists and New Classical ecomists can be reformulated from the perspective of a further and quite different approach to macroecomic model building. Basis of this reformulation is the growth cycle model of Goodwin which is extended in various ways in the pursuit of this aim. Besides this central theme, the book also introduces into Keynesian, Marxian and Neoclassical models of short-, medium- and long-run macroecomics in its part I, II. Models which synthesize these approaches and which thus provide a (deterministic) framework for the investigation of the adequateness of the various explanations of cyclical growth and inflation are considered in part III.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Peter Flaschel was born in 1943. He studied mathematics and physics at the University of Bonn where he received his diploma in 1968. He finished his doctoral dissertation on Riemannian Hilbert manifolds (in German) in 1970. In 1975 he switched from mathemtics to economics and became research assistant in the economics department at the Free University of Berlin. His 'habilitation work' was on Marx Sraffa, and Leontief. Critique and aspects of a synthesis (in German) which was finished in 1980. He is now professor of economics at the University of Bielefeld.
- Author(s)Peter Flaschel
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/08/1993
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1993
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notegraph.
- Weight520 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.80
- AU $20.19Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.29Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.