Macroeconomic Theory: A Dynamic General Equilibrium Approach by Michael R. Wickens (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $95.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMacroecomic Theory is the most up-to-date graduate-level macroecomics textbook available today. This revised second edition emphasizes the general equilibrium character of macroecomics to explain effects across the whole ecomy while taking into account recent research in the field. It is the perfect resource for students and researchers seeking coverage of the most current developments in macroecomics. Michael Wickens lays out the core ideas of modern macroecomics and its links with finance. He presents the simplest general equilibrium macroecomic model for a closed ecomy, and then gradually develops a comprehensive model of the open ecomy. Every important topic is covered, including growth, business cycles, fiscal policy, taxation and debt finance, current account sustainability, and exchange-rate determination. There is also an up-to-date account of monetary policy through inflation targeting. Wickens addresses the interrelationships between macroecomics and modern finance and shows how they affect stock, bond, and foreign-exchange markets. In this edition, he also examines issues raised by the most recent financial crisis, and two new chapters explore banks, financial intermediation, and unconventional monetary policy, as well as modern theories of unemployment. There is new material in most other chapters, including macrofinance models and inflation targeting when there are supply shocks. While the mathematics in the book is rigorous, the fundamental concepts presented make the text self-contained and easy to use. Accessible, comprehensive, and wide-ranging, Macroecomic Theory is the standard book on the subject for students and ecomists. * The most up-to-date graduate macroecomics textbook available today * General equilibrium macroecomics and the latest advances covered fully and completely * Two new chapters investigate banking and monetary policy, and unemployment * Addresses questions raised by the recent financial crisis * Web-based exercises with answers * Extensive mathematical appendix for at-a-glance easy reference This book has been adopted as a textbook at the following universities: * American University * Bentley College * Brandeis University * Brigham Young University * California Lutheran University * California State University - Sacramento * Cardiff University * Carleton University * Colorado College * Fordham University * London Metropolitan University * New York University * Northeastern University * Ohio University - Main Campus * San Diego State University * St. Cloud State University * State University Of New York - Amherst Campus * State University Of New York - Buffalo North Campus * Temple University - Main * Texas Tech University * University of Alberta * University Of Notre Dame * University Of Ottawa * University Of Pittsburgh * University Of South Florida - Tampa * University Of Tennessee * University Of Texas At Dallas * University Of Washington * University of Western Ontario * Wesleyan University * Western Nevada Community College
- Author BiographyMichael Wickens is professor of economics at the University of York and at Cardiff Business School. He is the coeditor of Handbook of Applied Econometrics and was managing editor of the Economic Journal from 1996 to 2004. He is specialist adviser to the House of Lords on macroeconomics and a member of the Shadow Monetary Policy Committee.
- Author(s)Michael R. Wickens
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note12 line illus. 85 tables.
- Weight1428 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.