All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionMacroecomics Simplified explains the intuition behind Keynesian and neoclassical macroecomics using graphs and simple algebra. It provides students with a strong conceptual basis for understanding the tension between Keynesian and neoclassical systems that has once again came to the forefront since the 2007-08 financial crisis. The book shows how theoretical perspectives affect macroecomic policy choices and proposes a pragmatic approach to policy that is sensitive to prevailing ecomic conditions. Students of ecomics and business alike will enjoy its concise and engaging analysis and find the applications and references to the Indian ecomy helpful.
- Author BiographyNicoli Nattrass is Professor of Economics and Director of the AIDS and Society Research Unit at the University of Cape Town, and a regular visiting professor at Yale where she teaches courses on development and the AIDS epidemic. She has published widely on macroeconomic policy, inequality, AIDS, and the struggle for antiretroviral treatment. Her work on the economics of preventing the transmission of HIV from mother to child was used in a successful court case launched by South Africa's Treatment Action Campaign against the then government of Thabo Mbeki. In her subsequent research on the role of ideas in shaping South Africa's response to AIDS, she focused on AIDS denialist and AIDS conspiracy beliefs. G. Visakh Varma is an Associate Professor, Department of Economics, KKTM Government College, University of Calicut, Kerala. He teaches macroeconomics and his research interests are in the field of labour economics and macroeconomics. He is a member of the governing body of the Centre for Socio-economic and Environmental Studies, Kochi. Professor Varma has published articles in Economic and Political Weekly (September 2008 and January 2012) on Nurksian contributions and macroeconomics curriculum. He co-authored the book, An Economic Approach to Social Interactions (2007, Ernakulam) with Professor Martin Patrick, the preface of the book being contributed by 1992 Nobel Prize winner in Economics Professor Gary Becker.
- Author(s)G. Visakh Varma,Nicoli Nattrass
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, graphs
- Weight413 g
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.