All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores social factors such as culture, mass media, political systems, and migration that influence public health while systematically considering how we may best study these factors and use our kwledge from this study to guide public health interventions. Throughout, contributors emphasize the potential of population strategies to influence traditional risk factors associated with health and disease. Each section ends with Galea's integrative chapters, bringing the observations and conclusions from the chapters into clear, usable focus.
- Author BiographySandro Galea is an Associate Professor in the Department of Epidemiology at the University of Michigan. He was formerly an Associate Director at the Center for Epidemiologic Studies at the New York Academy of Medicine. Dr. Galea co-edited the Handbook of Urban Health for Springer, and he is on the editorial board of the Journal of Urban Health.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note12 black & white tables, biography
- Weight783 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited bySandro Galea
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.