Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely publication fills a large gap in the ophthalmic literature which has so far lacked a mograph on the clinically very important subject of macular edema. The book presents the most up-to-date scientific concepts concerning the etiology and pathogenesis of blood retinal barrier breakdown such as tight junction associated protein dysfunction, and changes in fluid transport properties of the retinal pigment epithelium. The bulk of the book is clinically oriented and addresses vel imaging and diagstic techniques for the detection of macular edema as well as the clinical context of a paply of ocular diseases which induce macular edema, such as diabetes, other vasculopathies, uveitis, and many others.New light is shed on the association between highly active antiretroviral therapy and the induction of macular edema in HIV-positive patients. Novel drug treatment regimens with steroids and carbonic anhydrase inhibitors as well as new ways of applying laser and surgical therapies are also discussed in detail, and practical treatment guidelines are given. This book will be helpful for vitreoretinal specialists as well as for the practising ophthalmologist confronted with patients suffering from macular edema.
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byThomas J. Wolfensberger
- Edition StatementReprinted from DOCUMENTA OPHTHALMOLOGICA, 97:3-4, 2000
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.