Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCatherine Wagner's poems have elicited resounding, answering calls from several continents. These are poems of sex and identity, poems of spleen and craving, poems of grim energy and outspoken crisis. I love them. I am bored by so many of America's new bloods but this woman can write. Her neo-surreal vision and neo-dada attitude are matched by an exceptional feel for the magic of simple language - her poems organically grow down the page without effort, every line seeming right. She manages this by infusing every new image (and every repetition) with a corresponding voice posture. Very American, very urban, very modern and yet harking back to the best 'beat' legacies. - Josephine Ebert, U.K. poetry critic. Here in the United States, Rae Armantrout has this to say: Jack Spicer's Martians are back, but w they're talking wild girl-talk. In Catherine Wagner's Miss America, public and private collide in a new way, like matter and anti-matter. This is a conflagration. 'That is damage talk,' she says, 'Want to watch me/Make it.' And I do. In fact, if I died, I might want to come back as Catherine Wagner.
- Author BiographyCatherine Wagner was born to missionary parents in Burma and raised in Baltimore, Maryland. Wagner is a graduate of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, the University of Iowa Writer's Workshop, and the University of Utah's Ph.D in Literature program. She lives with her husband, the poet Martin Corless-Smith, and their young son Ambrose, in Boise, Idaho and Cornwall, England.
- Author(s)Catherine Wagner
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication31/05/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of New England
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.