Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.74+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description(Applause Books). Mad About Theatre is a systematic analysis of the major issues confronting our theatre today: The Decline of Broadway; The Generally Poor Quality of American Stage Acting; The Pretentiousness of our Avant-Garde; The Narrowness of our Playwriting; Broadway In Search of a Musical Fix; Subsidized British Theatre in the Age of Thatcher and Beyond; The Inflated Directing of the Classics; The Growing Vitality of our Regional Theatres (in Playwriting as well as Acting and Directing); The Invative Use of the Theatre by Mirity Groups. Mad About Theatre is t only a major contribution to contemporary theatre criticism, but a call to account for a culture in danger of losing its way. Taken together, these reviews from The Hudson Review, weave a powerful indictment against the status quo, while offering a constructive blueprint for the future.
- Author(s)Richard Hornby
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication31/10/1997
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintApplause Theatre Book Publishers
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.