Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- Description'Mad Tales from the Raj' is an authoritative assessment of western psychiatry within the context of British colonialism. This revised version provides a comprehensive study of official attitudes and practices in relation to both Indian and European patients during the dominance of the British East India Company. It is fascinating reading t only to students of colonial history, medical sociology and related disciplines, but to all those with a general interest in life in the colonies.
- Author BiographyWaltraud Ernst is Professor in the History of Medicine at Oxford Brookes University. She has written widely on various aspects of the history of colonial psychiatry.
- Author(s)Waltraud Ernst
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2010
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleAnthem South Asian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note8+ images
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byWaltraud Ernst
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.