All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGustave Flaubert is arguably one of the greatest velists of all time. His first vel, Madame Bovary, was published in 1856 and is considered a literary masterpiece by critics and scholars. His skillful wordsmithing combined with the scandal surrounding the vel launched it into toriety. The story focuses on a doctor's wife, Emma, a tragic heroine who attempts to escape her boring provincial life by having multiple affairs and living beyond her means. This chic and inexpensive edition comes with a heat-burnished cover, foil stamping, luxurious endpapers, and a smaller trim size that's easy to hold. Madame Bovary is a terrific example of Gustave Flaubert's determination and his execution of capturing the details of modern realism. Lexile score: 1030L About the Word Cloud Classics series: Classic works of literature with a clean, modern aesthetic! Perfect for both old and new literature fans, the Word Cloud Classics series from Canterbury Classics provides a chic and inexpensive introduction to timeless tales. With a higher production value, including heat burnished covers and foil stamping, these eye-catching, easy-to-hold editions are the perfect gift for students and fans of literature everywhere.
- Author BiographyGustave Flaubert (1821-1880) was a French writer who is counted among the greatest Western novelists. He is known especially for his first published novel, Madame Bovary and for his scrupulous devotion to his art and style. Eleanor Marx-Aveling (1855 - 1898), the youngest daughter of revolutionary Karl Marx, was born in London in 1855. Throughout her life, she worked as a social activist and literary translator. She died in 1898 and is buried with her family in London's Highgate Cemetery.
- Author(s)Gustave Flaubert
- PublisherAdvantage Publishers Group
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleWord Cloud Classics
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdvantage Publishers Group
- Weight428 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byEleanor Marx-Aveling
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.69Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.