All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is w three years since the Battle of the Wide Plateau (Vol 1-Murder in Hattusas) put Tudhaliyas on the throne in the realm of the ancient Hittite Empire, yet instead of feeling secure, he feels menaced. His chief spy, Satipilli, has vanished, and trouble is brewing in the west, possibly from Ahhiyawa. The Mittani are threatening Ishuwa on the eastern border, seeking revenge for their humiliation in the civil war. All this requires reliable intelligence reports. Tudhaliyas is forced to turn to the unkwn faces of Mokhat and Palaiyas and asks them to go to the west, to Millawanda, and discover what has happened to Satipilli, the chief spy of the Hittites. On their journey, at the outset they are followed with someone trying to kill them; with each failure, their attempts become more desperate. The assassins follow Mokhat and Palaiyas but are then dissuaded just before Millawanda; but they suddenly reappear in Egypt. Somebody doesn't want them to complete their mission. At the close of the Old Kingdom in 1417 BC, Madduwatta, the Goverr of Lukka, a vassal of Tudhaliyas, has plans of his own. How is he implicated in all this? He has his eyes on Arzawa. He badly needs friends, and will ally himself with anyone prepared to help him achieve his goal. But who has stirred him up? Who has gone to these lengths to create a rebellion for the Hittites? Meanwhile, Ahhiyawa is in the grip of a Civil War, with two brothers fighting it out for the throne. The outcome of the conflict will impact on their neighbours, Arzawa, the Hittites, and the Goverr of Lukka. From Milllawanda, Palaiyas, a Prince of Tiryns, decides to go home to make peace with his father, the king. While in Tiryns, he's abducted by his uncle, Electryon, the king of Mycenae, and brought to account for his desertion from Keftiu (Crete); then forced to complete his tour of duty. Mokhat follows him and rescues him. After fleeing to Khemet (Egypt), stopping at Ugarit, and then being captured by pirates near Lukka, they finally discover the truth in Ura. In this adventurous romp through the ancient Mediterranean, Mokhat discovers love, and Palaiyas is ultimately reunited with his wife and child in Hattusas-all in a search for Satipilli, the missing chief spy of the Hittites. This is the 2nd Volume of the Hittite trilogy. Volume 3 is scheduled to be published in 2012.
- Author BiographySasha Garrydeb worked in the computer industry in Eastern Europe for a number of years as a consultant. Then he went back to University and graduated in Psychology, specialising in Relapse Prevention in Alcoholism and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, (OCD). Interests include most Slavic languages and their etymology. There's a current fascination with prehistory taking in the birth of the earth onwards. He reads extensively, throws pots, and is a bit of a motor biking nut. He's currently working on the second novel in the Hittite Trilogy, to be published in February 2011. That is work in progress. He's had a fascination for the lost Hittite civilization for a number of years and thought it high time someone made a stab at including them in the thriller fiction genre. His first novel, Worlds Beyond Ours, has been bouncing around in his head for some years and this is the result. The second book came out of the blue and was The Wizard of Kalar, an ecology fantasy novel; and then there was a change of direction, which ended up with the writing of the current Hittite Trilogy. He lives with a cat called Psyche, who is the surrogate Editor of all his books; at least he claims she is, so any typos are down to her editing.
- Author(s)Sasha Garrydeb
- PublisherABC Publishers
- Date of Publication28/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintABC Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.