All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE kids' survival guide to advertising, revised and updated for the digital age. Ads are everywhere these days: they are trying to be your friend on Facebook, popping up in the background of your videogame, and even messaging your phone when you walk by a store. More than ever before, kids are the prime target of these marketing messages. But they also have more power than ever to fight back. For ten years, Made You Look has been an essential self-defense guide for anyone trying to make sense of the complex world of advertising. Now fully revised and with a fresh new look, the book has been updated to reflect the modern ad landscape, from digital tracking and cookies (t the chocolate chip kind!) to social media, viral videos, and reality television. From the earliest roots of advertising to the undercover marketers of the 21st century, this revealing book shows readers where ads come from, how they work, and why kids need to be informed. Bursting with real-life examples, thought-provoking questions, hip illustrations, and plenty of tips to empower young consumers, Made You Look is every kid's ultimate guide to the advertising universe.
- Author BiographyShari Graydon is an award-winning author, educator, and media commentator. Her other books include In Your Face and I Feel Great About My Hands. Michelle Lamoreaux is an illustrator who works with publishers, agencies, and magazines throughout the United States. She lives in Cedar City, Utah.
- Author(s)Shari Graydon
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides : General
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight414 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michelle Lamoreaux
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.