All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs featured in The Independent, Dick and James Strawbridge, presenters of the popular ITV programme Saturday Farm, have shown you how to grow, harvest, preserve, cook and make the most of seasonal produce. Breads expands their series of books and is packed with expert advice and tips for creating delicious handcrafted foods as well as recipes for truly mouth-watering and memorable meals, because ultimately it's all about the eating! This is a very timely book as many people are returning back to the traditional ways of living and self-sufficiency. Whether you are a city-dweller or country lover, it's easy to have a go at the Good Life. Made at Home: Breads. There's thing like a fresh loaf, warm from the oven - and with this new title baking has never been so simple. Breads shows you how to make your own sourdough, yeast, quick and unleavened breads for every occasion. Dick and James Strawbridge are experts at showing you how to transform fresh produce into delicious handcrafted food and drink for enjoying and sharing any time of year. This practical guide to baking is packed full of delicious recipes and detailed step-by-step instructions, as well as expert hints and tips straight from the authors kitchen.
- Author BiographyDick & James Strawbridge are experts in the Good Life - and it's the life they've led at Newhouse Farm, their smallholding in Cornwall, in the southwest of England. With just 3 acres of land in the midst of a village they produced an abundance of good things to eat and drink: fruits and vegetables that they eat fresh, juice, ferment and preserve, pigs for ham, sausages, salamis and bacon, a mixed flock of birds for eggs and eating, and bees for honey - to name a few. It's a lifestyle driven by their desire to eat well every day. Dick & James appear regularly on TV in the UK and Australia. The whole family featured on the BBC's It's Not Easy Being Green - which documented their move to Newhouse Farm. Dick is a regular host of C4's Scrapheap Challenge, contributes frequently to Coast on the BBC and came 2nd place on the BBC's Celebrity Masterchef, showcasing his cooking talent. Dick & James appear together on ITV1's The Hungry Sailors and Saturday Farm. When they're not on location, tending the garden, feeding the animals or cooking and eating, they're spreading the word and sharing what they've learned. Previous books in the Made at Home series include Preserves, Eggs & Poultry, Curing & Smoking, Vegetables and Cheese & Dairy.
- Author(s)Dick Strawbridge,James Strawbridge
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication07/10/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleMade at Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Content NoteOver 100 colour photographs
- Weight496 g
- Width158 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.92Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.