All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMade In Brooklyn is the first book to catalogue the immense variety of food and drink items available in the trailblazing borough, featuring approximately 120 different Brooklyn makers, each profiled in depth, with sumptuous photography depicting the artisans' craft and methods with personal histories, origins, anecdotes, tips, a few recipes and more. Each Brooklyn maker is featured on a double-page spread with exclusive images from their kitchens and work spaces.
- Author BiographySusanne Konigis the director of and buyer for The POWERHOUSEArena in Dumbo, Brooklyn, renowned for hostingeclectic cook book parties formany Brooklyn-based chefs and makers including Pok Pok, Fleischer's, KingsCounty, AmpleHills, Sunday Suppers, Franny's, Baked, and many more. She alsocurates an extensive collection of Brooklyn-madeproducts.After spending her childhood and formative years in Germany, Belgium, and Paris where she worked at Sotheby sand for French art bookpublishers, she moved to New York in 2000. She works and livesin Brooklyn with her husband andson. Melissa Schreiber Vaughanis the co-author of The New Brooklyn Cookbook and a recipe developer and tester, whose work has appeared in national food magazines and more than 20 cookbooks. Melissa curates food events throughout Brooklyn and lives in Park Slope with her two budding foodies, Roan and Dory. Heather Westontakes pictures. Whether in the studio or on location she loves to photograph people and food. Heather lives in Brooklyn with her husband and daughter and is a proud ballet mom. To see more of her photography visit www.heatherweston.com. ContributorBios: Rachel Whartonis aJames Beard Foundation award-winning foodwriter, cookbook author and contributingeditor to Edible Brooklyn. David Wondrichis one ofthe world s foremost Americancocktail historians, a James Beard Foundationaward-winningdrinks writer, and author of Imbibe!
- Author(s)Melissa Schreiber Vaughn,Susanne Konig
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight1035 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.