All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'One book I've loved this year is Made in Spain by Miriam Gonzalez Durantez. It's t just about the food and the recipes, you get an idea of what life is like, you get to visit a country and you get to be inspired, if it's somebody as intelligent and funny as Miriam.' Cerys Matthews, BBC RADIO 4 THE FOOD PROGRAMME 'Gorgeous recipes for a great cause' Nigella Lawson 'If you buy one cookbook this year: get this one' YOU Magazine 'Food is at the centre of everything we do in Spain. As we eat breakfast we think about what we will have for lunch, and during lunch we discuss what we will serve for dinner.' In Spanish families, when you have eaten a really good home-made meal, people stay at the table long after the meal has ended, chatting and putting the world to rights. Made in Spain is full of dishes that will encourage you to do just that. With over 120 delicious recipes, which stick to the key principle of Spanish cooking - respect the ingredient - Miriam Gonzalez Durantez brings a taste of Spain to the family kitchen. As an immigrant to the UK and from a family of food lovers, Miriam was determined to share her love of her native cuisine with her sons. The recipes in this book are adapted from the cookery blog she started with them (www.mumandsons.com), and provide a uniquely personal glimpse into a modern family kitchen, which will inspire home cooks everywhere to adopt a more Spanish approach to cooking and eating. Chapters include: * Soup * Tapas * Eggs * Salads and vegetables * Fish * Meat * Comfort food and one-pot meals * A bit of fun * Snacks * Fruit * Desserts and baking Miriam has written Made in Spain to help finance her involvement in her campaign to inspire girls.
- Author BiographyMiriam is the author of the Mumandsons blog, www.mumandsons.com. She is also a partner at a city law firm where she runs the International Trade practice as well as a non-Exec Director for UBS, and the Honorary President of Canning House. She was previously the Middle East Adviser of the External Relations Commissioner in the European Union, having started her career as a Trade Negotiator at the World Trade Organisation. Miriam is the former Champion of the Inspiring Women Campaign that brings female role models to girls at state schools. She is now setting up a new charity called Inspiring Girls International.
- Author(s)Miriam Gonzalez Durantez
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Weight896 g
- Width178 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $33.30
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $32.01
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $26.32Trending at AU $28.88
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $26.20Trending at AU $47.59
- AU $16.23Trending at AU $20.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.