All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmericans have fallen in love with Spanish food in recent years, and one has done more to play matchmaker than the award-winning chef Jose Andres. In this irresistible companion volume to his public television show Made in Spain, Jose reminds us in the most alluring and delicious way that the food of his native Spain is as varied and inventive as any of the world s great cuisines. To prove it, Jose takes us on a flavorful tour of his beloved homeland, from Andalucia to Aragon. Along the way, he shares recipes that reflect t just local traditions but also the heart and soul of Spain s distinctive cooking. In the Basque Country, we discover great fish dishes and the haute cuisine of some of the finest restaurants in the world. In Cantabria, famous for its dairy products, we find wonderful artisanal cheeses. In Valencia, we learn why the secret to unforgettable paella is all in the rice. And in Castilla La Mancha, Jose shows us the land of the great Don Quixote, where a magical flower produces precious saffron. The dishes of Made in Spain show the diversity of Spanish cooking today as it is prepared in homes and restaurants from rth to south from casual soups and sandwiches to soul-warming dishes of long-simmered beans and artfully composed salads. Many dishes showcase the fine Spanish products that are w widely available across America. Many more are prepared with the regular ingredients available in any good supermarket. With more than one hundred simple, straightforward recipes that beautifully capture the flavors and essence of Spanish cooking, Made in Spain is an indispensable addition to any cookbook collection.
- Author BiographyJose Andres grew up in the Asturias region of northern Spain and was a protege of Ferran Adria of the renowned El Bulli restaurant near Barcelona. In 2003, Jose was named Best Chef in the Mid-Atlantic by the James Beard Foundation and in 2004 was named Chef of the Year by Bon Appetit. Jose and his ThinkFoodGroup run seven destination restaurants in and around Washington, D.C., including the Spanish tapas bar Jaleo and the highly acclaimed minibar by Jose Andres. His first cookbook, Tapas: A Taste of Spain in America, was published in 2005. He lives in Washington, D.C., with his wife and three daughters.
- Author(s)Jose Andres
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Out-of-print date25/08/2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight971 g
- Width199 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.04
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $32.82
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.41
- AU $42.00Trending at AU $42.81
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.96
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $32.22
- AU $48.73Trending at AU $50.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.