All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMark Twain once observed, A lie can get halfway around the world before the truth can even get its boots on. His observation rings true: Urban legends, conspiracy theories, and bogus public-health scares circulate effortlessly. Meanwhile, people with important ideas business people, teachers, politicians, journalists, and others struggle to make their ideas stick. Why do some ideas thrive while others die? And how do we improve the chances of worthy ideas? In Made to Stick, accomplished educators and idea collectors Chip and Dan Heath tackle head-on these vexing questions. Inside, the brothers Heath reveal the anatomy of ideas that stick and explain ways to make ideas stickier, such as applying the human scale principle, using the Velcro Theory of Memory, and creating curiosity gaps. In this indispensable guide, we discover that sticky messages of all kinds from the infamous kidney theft ring hoax to a coach s lessons on sportsmanship to a vision for a new product at Sony draw their power from the same six traits. Made to Stick is a book that will transform the way you communicate ideas. It s a fast-paced tour of success stories (and failures) the Nobel Prize-winning scientist who drank a glass of bacteria to prove a point about stomach ulcers; the charities who make use of the Mother Teresa Effect; the elementary-school teacher whose simulation actually prevented racial prejudice. Provocative, eye-opening, and often surprisingly funny, Made to Stick shows us the vital principles of winning ideas and tells us how we can apply these rules to making our own messages stick.
- Author BiographyChip Heath is a professor of organizational behavior in the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University. He lives in Los Gatos, California. Dan Heath is a Consultant to the Policy Programs of the Aspen Institute. A former researcher at Harvard Business School, he is a co-founder of Thinkwell, an innovative new-media textbook company. He lives in Raleigh, North Carolina. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Chip Heath,Dan Heath
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight245 g
- Width126 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Read byCharles Kahlenberg
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time510
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.47Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.28
- AU $29.61Trending at AU $31.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.