All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor advice you can trust, look further than Marco Polo.The Madeira Marco Polo Handbook offers expert advice and is aimed at travellers looking for in-depth coverage of a destination - from detailed cultural information to Insider Tips - in an easy to use format. Whatever your mood or interests, Marco Polo Handbooks are the perfect travel companion. Inside the Madeira Marco Polo Travel Handbook:Pearl of the Atlantic: Let Marco Polo lead you into rugged high mountains and deep green valleys, along rugged, wave-battered coasts, into glorious floral displays, picturesque coastal towns and the attractive capital Funchal.Discover & Understand: Our invative infographics condense large amounts of data into a format which is easy to understand. Infographics illustrate, amongst other things, Madeira at a glance, the flora of Madeira and its distinctive water channels, or levadas.In the mood for: Fun suggestions help you to experience the variety of Madeira, whatever your personal preferences and interests. A unique 3D image illustrates the topography of the island.Tours: Discover Madeira! Four exciting tours explore the variety of the island, taking in magnificent mountaius terrain, the spectacular coast and lovely mountain and fishing villages. Lovers of basketry and whales will find what they are looking for at the eastern tip of the island, while the tour of the rth and south coasts in the central part of the island offers views in every direction. A natural lava swimming pool and an impressive mountain pass are among the highlights of Madeira's highlands. All suggested tours are plotted on detailed maps and combine the best and most interesting places to see, with tips for exciting stops along the way. Experience & Enjoy: All the things which make a trip unforgettable: from eating and drinking, shopping, sightseeing, museums & galleries, staying the night, travelling with children, festivals and going out in the evening. What are the island's typical dishes and where can you sample them? What is there to do with children? Answers to these and many other questions can be found in this chapter.In depth kwledge: Kwledge is king and Marco Polo Handbooks are packed full of information to help you get the best out of your trip. The Marco Polo Tips reveal where you can find the best lacework, where you can join a fishing boat to go dolphin and whale watching, and why you shouldn't miss a ride in a wicker basket sled.Large pull-out map: Includes a separate pull-out map handily placed in a high quality plastic wallet at the back of the book, which can also be used as a storage pocket.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Guides are known for their handy, compact format and unique Insider Tips. Marco Polo Maps and City Maps are famous for their high quality cartography and additional features like mark-it stickers which help to pinpoint a destination for future reference and aid route planning.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Weight408 g
- Width125 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $24.99
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $22.11
- AU $21.80Trending at AU $24.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $18.25Trending at AU $20.70
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $24.99
- AU $32.95Trending at AU $42.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.