All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.48
- AU $26.19Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.54
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.88
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $30.03Trending at AU $32.34
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated for 2016. Now with new Discovery Tours chapter. Experience all of Madeira's attractions with this up-to-date, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Most holidaymakers want to have fun and feel relaxed from the moment they arrive at their holiday destination - that's what Marco Polo Guides are all about. You'll discover fabulous hotels, restaurants, trendy places, the best night life, plus shopping tips, suggestions for those on a tight budget, tips for travel with kids and ideas for sports and other activities. Also contains: the Perfect Route, Festivals & Events, Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, plus a Portuguese phrasebook and comprehensive index. MARCO POLO Madeira presents an island with varied landscapes almost like other. The guide leads you along spectacular coasts, through green valleys, ancient juniper forests and to impressive summits. But it isn't just nature lovers who'll find Madeira a paradise: in the capital, Funchal, shopping and culture are both at large, while beaches and lidos are ideal for relaxing.The Insider Tips reveal how you can see Madeira from above, and the Best Of pages highlight unique aspects of Madeira, recommend things to do for free, have tips for rainy days and for where you can relax and unwind. The Perfect Route takes you right across the island, visiting the best places en route. You'll find out What's Hot on the island and which websites, blogs and apps can tell you more. The Trips & Tours chapter takes you to cascading waterfalls and though a largely virgin wilderness where fitness and sureness of foot are essential. In Sports & Activities you'll find all the contact details for pursuits such as canyoning and parasailing alongside more established pastimes of hiking and water sports. The Dos & Don'ts tell you why even men shouldn't walk around without a top on and why women can leave their high heels at home. MARCO POLO Madeira provides comprehensive coverage of the island. To help you get around there's a detailed road atlas, maps of Funchal and the island's bus routes in the backcover, plus a handy pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Guides are known for their handy, compact format and unique Insider Tips. Marco Polo Maps and City Maps are famous for their high quality cartography and additional features like mark-it stickers which help to pinpoint a destination for future reference and aid route planning.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight277 g
- Width108 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.