Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionEva Ibbotson's magical vel is set in that most poignant of all times and places - Vienna before the First World War. Susanna's dress shop stands in the delightful Madensky Square and is the very hub and heart of life. Susanna sympathizes with her neighbours, watches over Signi, the wretched, orphaned child prodigy, and with her infallible eye for dress, turns an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan. Of all the colourful characters in Madensky Square, only her dear friend Alice has the slightest inkling that Susanna hides more than one secret. This hidden life, full of passion and anguish, gradually unfolds in a city of romance, music and gossip. Sunshine and shadows, laughter and tears ...the grace and gaiety of a Viennese waltz . ( Sunday Telegraph ).
- Author BiographyEva Ibbotson was born into a literary family in Vienna in 1925 and came to England as a small girl before the war. She took an Honours degree in Physiology at the University of London and went on to do post-graduate research at Cambridge, where she married a fellow scientist. Ibbotson wrote more than twenty books for children and young adults, many of which garnered nominations for awards for children's literature in the UK, including the Nestle Smarties Book Prize and the Whitbread Prize. In her fiction for adults, including A Countess Below Stairs, Magic Flutes and A Company of Swans, Ibbotson was determined to prove that romantic novels can be funny, well-written and even a little erudite. Eva passed away at her home in Newcastle on October 20th 2010. Her final book, One Boy and His Dog, was published in May 2011 and was nominated for the Children's Book of the Year at the 2011 Galaxy National Book Awards..
- Author(s)Eva Ibbotson
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Bello
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Interest Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.