Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.12+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith thirty years experience of playing with the BBC Philharmonic, Pamela Jay explores some of the difficulties faced by both sides of the podium in an intriguing and informative way. The book has contributions and insights from many conductors including Sir Edward Downes. If you experience the highs you are bound to find the lows. When all performers on stage are charged up together and all responding to the information sent by the conductor, then there is thing like it in the world. Conversely, when you as a group are desperately trying to battle against an incoherent or indifferent conductor, then you feel that all the years of your training have been wasted. If the conductor appears to be t in control of the hundred minds in front of him, then the life and soul is taken from the performance - depression and frustration taking their place. As long as this is the exception then we can cope, but what if there is a lack of inspiration from the conductors of the future? How can we as players survive, mentally and physically? What on earth will the orchestras of the future have to look forward to? Their existence lies in the hands of so few! It is a moving book-one becomes aware of the extremely close camaraderie inside the orchestra, as well as being mightily impressed by the member's love for music in common. I only wish I had the opportunity to read this book before I ever conducted an orchestra! Every page made me smile with the pleasure of recognition-yes, that is exactly how it is! SIR PETER MAXWELL DAVIES, Master of the Queen's Music.
- Author(s)Pamela Jay
- Date of Publication07/06/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationFleet
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight265 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.