All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDetective Michael Palermo built his career on his unique ability to inhabit two worlds at once: the world of law enforcement and the underworld of New York's crime family organizations in their 1960s and '70s heyday. A member of the elite Special Investigation Unit, he participated in over two thousand arrests while maintaining close relationships with the kingpins of organized crime--ties that allowed him to stay one step ahead of the rest of the New York City Police Department. Detective Palermo was one of the privileged few members of the law enforcement community to be informed of the impending arrest of crime lord Vito Gevese by the federal government, and he served as an expert witness in international drug smuggling cases. Palermo's hangouts included Castle Hill Avenue Bar in the Bronx, where he visited underworld informant Joe Valachi, and the Manhattan after-hours bar and casi owned by Vegas underboss Carmine Canicatti, a Mafia haunt where he was one of only two cops to gain admittance. From carrying out sensitive negotiations with major underworld figures to busting Harlem drug tracker Albie Simmons, underboss to drug lord Leroy Nicky Barnes, every dealing in Detective Palermo's tortuous story shows nerve, world-class Mafia expertise, and integrity at a time when crooked cops were the rm. This true crime drama takes you inside the New York City Police Department at its most corrupt and into the dark and dirty world of dons, consiglieres, underbosses, button men, soldiers, and cowboys.
- Author BiographyRichard Stanley Cagan is the author of two biographies, seven full-length novels, a collection of short stories, five plays, and one screenplay. He holds a BA degree from Fordham University and a doctorate and postdoctorate degree from Columbia University. He lives in Flagler County, Florida.
- Author(s)Richard Cagan
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication14/07/2015
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight414 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.