Magazine Editing: In Print and Online by Paul Bradshaw, John Morrish (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncluding comprehensive coverage on both print and online, consumer and free magazines, Magazine Editing looks at how magazines work and explains the dual role of the magazine editor. John Morrish and Paul Bradshaw consider the editor both as a journalist, having to provide information and entertainment for readers, and as a manager, expected to lead and supervise successfully the development of a magazine or periodical. Looking at the current state of the magazine market in the twenty-first century, the third edition explains how this has developed and changed in recent years, with specific attention paid to the explosion of apps, e-zines, online communities and magazine websites. Featuring case studies, interviews with successful editors, examples of covers and spreads, and useful tables and graphs, this book discusses the editor's many roles and details the skills needed to run a publication. Magazine Editing offers practical guidance on: * how to create an editorial strategy * how to lead and manage an editorial team * researching a market and finding new readers * dealing with budgets and finance * working with designers and production staff * legal, techlogical and ethical dilemmas * online distribution, social media and search engine optimisation * managing information overload * how to become an editor.
- Author BiographyJohn Morrish is a freelance writer and editor. He is a former editor of Time Out, commissioning editor on the Telegraph Magazine and sub-editor on Private Eye. Paul Bradshaw is Course Leader of the MA in Online Journalism at Birmingham City University and Visiting Professor in Online Journalism at City University London. In 2010 he was shortlisted for Multimedia Publisher of the Year, was listed on journalism.co.uk's list of leading innovators in media, and on the US Poynter Institute's list of the 35 most influential people in social media. In 2011he was ranked the UK's 7th most influential UK journalist on Twitter by PeerIndex.
- Author(s)John Morrish,Paul Bradshaw
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.92
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.98Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.