All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionMagazine Production is a guide to the practical processes of taking a magazine from initial idea to final print, and is aimed at those who wish to produce a title as part of their studies or for distribution on a small scale. It gives readers an overview of the essential elements to take into consideration when creating a magazine, including legal issues, the relation between editorial and design, and preparation for print. Magazine Production explains the business of magazines in the UK, Europe and North America, and the roles of marketing, publishing and advertising in establishing a successful title. With information on professional bodies such as the Periodical Publishers Association, this book will provide readers with a clear understanding of what is needed to succeed in a career in magazines.
- Author BiographyJason Whittaker is Lecturer in Journalism at University College Falmouth, with a special responsibility for magazine production and contextual studies. He has 15 years experience as a journalist, and ten years as an editor with a special interest in IT and B2B titles. He is the author of numerous academic books and articles including The Cyberspace Handbook (2004) and Web Production for Writers and Journalists (2002).
- Author(s)Jason Whittaker
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/05/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMedia Skills
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 18 black & white halftones, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight328 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.