All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- Description2010 Christie Harris Illustrated Children's Literature Prize WinnerMaggie is so excited to show her friends the picture of her soon-to-be-adopted sister. She can't wait to show the new baby off. Everyone will love her! But when Maggie brings a picture of the baby to show-and-tell, she doesn't get the reaction she expected. Kimberly says the baby is ugly. Even Maggie's best friend, Sam, admits that the baby has a squished se, a wrinkly face, and big ears. Maggie is mortified. And w she can imagine how awful it's going to be to have such an ugly sister. She doesn't want to have anything to do with a baby sister with ears like a donkey, a se like a squished bug and a face wrinkled like an old shoe.When her parents pick the baby up at the adoption agency, Maggie's worst fears are realized. The baby is just like her picture. Maggie wants thing to do with her. Not even when everyone else is making such a fuss over her. Not even when she is all alone in her crib and crying. Not even when she smiles up at Maggie for the first time? A delightful sequel to Give Maggie a Chance, Maggie Can't Wait again features the little girl with the big imagination as she dreads the arrival of a new adopted sister and learns how easy it is to make up her own mind.
- Author BiographyFrieda Wishinsky is the author of many books for children including Give Maggie A Chance, So Long Stinky Queen, No Frogs for Dinner, Please Louise, The Canadian Flyer series, and the Governor General's Award finalist, Each One Special. She lives with her husband in Toronto, Ontario.A nominee for the Mr. Christie's Book Award for Ballerinas Don't Wear Glasses, Dean Griffiths has illustrated a number of books, including The Patchwork House, The Lighthouse Dog, Loon Lake Fishing Derby and Fairy. Dean lives on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, with his wife and three cats.
- Author(s)Frieda Wishinsky
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication18/01/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width206 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dean Griffiths
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.