Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1935 and Maggie Ross loves her life amongst the stallholders in Kelvin Market where her husband Tony has a bric-a-brac stall and where she lives, with her young family, above Mr Goldman's bespoke tailors. But when one fine Spring day her husband disappears into thin air her world collapses. Maggie has way of kwing where he husband went r why he left her so suddenly - especially when she's got a new baby on the way. What she can tell is who her real friends are as she struggles to bring her children up alone. There's outspoken, golden-hearted Winnie, her fellow stallholder whose cheerful chatter hides a sad past, and cheeky Eve whom she's kwn since they were girls. And there's also Inspector Matthews, the policeman sent to investigate her husband's disappearance;a man who, to the Kelvin Market staffholders, is on the wrong side of the law, a man to whom Maggie is increasingly drawn.
- Author BiographyDee Williams was born and brought up in Rotherhithe in East London where her father worked as a stevedore in Surrey Docks. Dee left school at fourteen, met her husband at sixteen and was married at twenty. After living abroad for some years, Dee and her husband moved to Hampshire, close to the rest of her family.
- Author(s)Dee Williams
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication11/09/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Book Publishing
- Weight223 g
- Width111 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.