All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMagic Beach, the first new book in forty years from the creator of Harold and the Purple Crayon, is the story of a boy and girl who discover the power of words on an enchanted beach. Published in celebration of the centennial of Crockett Johnsons' birth, Magic Beach includes an appreciation by Maurice Sendak, to whom Crockett Johnson was a mentor and friend, and an afterword by Philip Nel, who found the original drawings in the archives of the Smithsonian Institution.
- Author BiographyCrockett Johnson (1906-1975) began his artistic career as a political cartoonist. He then became a comic strip artist, creating the comic strip Who (1952), Johnson wrote and illustrated over 20 books for children, providing illustrations (but not the story) for seven more (beginning with This Rich World in 1943 and The Carrot Seed in 1945). Harold, the protagonist of his best known series, began his many journeys in Harold and the Purple Crayon (1955), which was followed by Harold (1956), Harold (1957), Harold at the North Pole (1958), Harold (1959), A Picture for Harold(1960), and Harold (1963).
- Author(s)Crockett Johnson
- PublisherFront Street Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationAsheville, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFront Street Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width188 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.