All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe grandeur of Imperial Russia is captured in this spectacular book featuring the dress and uniforms of Emperors and officials of the Russian court. Starting in the 1730s with lavishly embroidered coats and elaborately patterned silk banyans from the wardrobe of Tsar Peter II and spanning a period of almost two centuries, these garments document a unique dialogue between military uniform, court dress, European fashion and traditional Russian costume. Magnificence of the Tsars celebrates the majesty of masculine uniform in Russia at its finest.
- Author BiographySvetlana A. Amelekhina is Curator of the dress collection in the textile department of the Moscow Kremlin Museums. Alexey K. Levykin is a Science Director of the Moscow Kremlin Museums and the author of numerous publications on the history of Russian arms and Russian military ceremonies. Dr Rosalind P. Blakesley is a Fellow of Pembroke College and Senior Lecturer in the History of Art at the University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Alexey Konstantinovich Levykin,Svetlana A. Amelekhina
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Content Note102 colour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width210 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.