All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAn epic work of historical and military fiction. . . a prime work for Roman history lovers. - InD'Tale Magazine Caesar and Brutus. Marius and Sulla. Cicero, Antony, Clodius and Augustus. The century before the current era gave us a host of larger-than-life characters hailing from Rome. Only one was named Great. In the year 90 B.C.E., chaos and unrest erupts across the Italian peninsula. Rome's allies have rebelled and taken up arms against the most powerful military on earth. Leading Rome's legions - and his only son - to the city's defense, an unproven and unloved commander will taste victory and defeat outside the capital's gates. The name Pompey had yet to be praised and revered, but fate would soon alter the course of one man's life. RISING SUN is the first book in Robert Allen Johnson's captivating MAGNUS trilogy. Narrated by the last living son of Gnaeus Pompey, RISING SUN sets the stage for the man historians would later name the Roman Alexander.
- Author BiographyAfter a three-year stint in Southeast Asia, Robert Allen Johnson returned to the States to pursue his dream of writing meaningful, emotional, historically-driven fiction. His first two novels, Rising Sun and Triumphator, were released to rave reviews in 2014. His third novel, Wraith, will be released in late 2015. He lives in Indiana with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Robert Allen Johnson
- Date of Publication10/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAncient History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.