All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn otherworldly graveyard tale for fans of Neil Gaiman and David Almond. For fans of Neil Gaiman's Coraline, Tinder and David Almond; a haunting tale about accepting the truth about yourself, presented in a gothic gift package. Magrit lives in an abandoned cemetery with her friend and advisor, Master Puppet, whom she built from bones and bits of graveyard junk. She is as forgotten as the tiny graveyard world that surrounds her. One night as Magrit and Master Puppet sit atop of their crumbling chapel, a passing stork drops a baby into the graveyard. Defying Master Puppet's demands that the baby be disposed of, and taking heed of his dire warnings, Magrit decides to raise the baby herself. She gives him a name: Bugrat. Magrit loves Bugrat like a brother, friend and son all rolled into one. But Master Puppet and the newly discovered skeleton girl kw all too well what will happen when Bugrat grows up - that the truth about them all will be revealed. Something Magrit refuses to face.
- Author BiographyLee Battersby is the author of several adult novels and over 70 short stories, published in Australia, the US and Europe. His work has been praised for its consistent attention to voice and narrative muscle, and has resulted in a number of awards, including the Aurealis, Australia Shadows and Australia SF Ditmar gongs. Lee lives in Western Australia, with his wife, writer Lyn Battersby and an increasingly weird mob of kids. He's been a stand-up comic, tennis coach, cartoonist, poet, and tax officer in previous times, and he currently works as Arts Officer for a local council, where he gets to play with artists all day. Magrit is his first novel with Walker Books.
- Author(s)Lee Battersby
- PublisherWalker Books Australia
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNewtown
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWalker Books Australia
- Weight332 g
- Width141 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Illustrator(s)Amy Daoud
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.